    latest Radeon running Nascar 2003 that could tell me which one is the
    best....I need FPS, this game is a killer on graphics. It is going to take
    more than what I have to run this game right, with all that eye candy.

    wilbure, Nov 16, 2003

  2. wilbure

    Andrew Guest

    It runs fine with my 9700 Pro with everything but stadium shadows
    turned on. Firingsquad.com use it as a benchmark so you may be able to
    get some numbers there.

    Andrew, Nov 16, 2003

  3. wilbure

    Skid Guest

    Love my 9700 Pro. Everything but specular highlights on and maxed, 4X AA and
    8X AF at 1024x768 32-bit. (You don't need ultra high res with AA and AF, but
    they will kill your framerate on any GF -- that's what makes the Radeons
    superior for this and many other games.)

    Here's a direct link for ATI NASCAR 2003 benches:

    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/catalyst_3.9/page4.asp

    And Nvidia:

    http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/forceware_52.16/page6.asp

    Before you conclude from the raw numbers that the GF cards stack up pretty
    well, you need to realize that any number of reviewers have pointed out that
    Nvidia's 4X is barely comparable to ATI's 2X, so it's not apples to Apples.

    I've seen both side-by-side at a LAN party, and the top-of-the-line ATI
    looks better and is more fluid than the top-of-the-line Nvidia.

    Either would be a step up from the 8500, which looks good but lacks the
    horsepower.

    If money matters, the best bang for the buck right now is the Sapphire or
    PowerColor 9800 non-pro (not the crippled SE.) You can overclock one of
    those to Pro specs and sometimes a bit beyond.

    Skid, Nov 16, 2003
  4. wilbure

    LBJGH Guest

    Probably need something more powerful than an 8500... you may not need to go
    to the expense of a 9800p like what I use but if you are really into the
    game....

    I usually get between 65-110fps with everything turned on depending who many
    cars are within the field of view.

    LBJGH, Nov 16, 2003
  5. wilbure

    LBJGH Guest

    p.s. my card is clocked at 476/365 and my Athlon is clocked at 2.5ghz.

    LBJGH, Nov 16, 2003
  6. wilbure

    wilbure Guest

    Thanks for the helpful replys all

    wilbure, Nov 16, 2003
  7. wilbure

    wilbure Guest

    I always thought ATI had the best looking graphics ....now it is clear to me
    that I just cannot run this game the way I want on a Geforce card.....I
    think all sites should use Nascar 2003 as a benchmark for real
    performance....shoot I can run Quake on a P2 and and old voodoo card
    :)....anyway Nascar 2003 really will show one what a card is made
    of....thanks fellows !

    wilbure, Nov 16, 2003
  8. wilbure

    Andrew Guest

    NR2003 doesn't have a benchmark built in, so it makes a poor choice as
    a standard benchmark for different reviewers and gamers to use.

    Andrew, Nov 16, 2003