    code not been updated by the respective software makers?

    I just installed Photoshop 8 (Adobe CS) and still get the old
    black-and-white wristwatch as it is launching. Just curious.

    Jim, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Jim

    clvrmnky Guest

    That is definitely an OS 9 cursor, so my *guess* is that Photoshop 8 is
    a carbonized app that has not been changed. These cursors are still
    present for developers to use, though their use is deprecated.

    http://developer.apple.com/document...delines/XHIGCursors/chapter_14_section_2.html

    clvrmnky, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Because the application is displaying it. There's very little the OS
    vendor can do to prevent the application developer from continuing to do
    things that are no longer necessary, and little incentive to try when
    the behavior is essentially harmless. They _can_ try to discourage it by
    offering "better" options, but even with a well-intentioned software
    developer there's going to be a lag.
    Heh. System 4 as the original Mac OS, Gracie? I've got 0.1 on a CD
    somewhere.
    There you go. Got it in one.

    Gregory Weston, Dec 9, 2003
  4. Better still, I have it on a single-sided non-HFS floppy :)

    Paolo

    Paolo G. Cordone, Dec 20, 2003