    support AGP Fast Write. After enabling and disabling this feature, I
    find that there is some minor problem with the refresh rate. Is there
    any chance that my graphics card got damaged? Thanks

    Andy Smith, Oct 9, 2003

  2. Andy Smith

    John Russell Guest

    All you where doing was turning on the motherboard support for fast writes.
    It will only be used if the card supports it and the card has it enabled as
    well. There are tools which will tell your this, one free one which comes to
    mind is PCIlist from www.entechtaiwan.com.

    John Russell, Oct 9, 2003

  3. Andy Smith

    Shep© Guest

    It's possible that the driver entries in the Device Mangler got
    damaged.Boot to Safemode/Device Manager and remove all entries for the
    card and re-boot so that windows can re-install them.
    HTH :)

    Shep©, Oct 9, 2003
  4. Andy Smith

    Lee Guest

    i wouldn't even bother enabling fast writes not worth it, i have a board and
    vid card that support it, having this enabled actually decreases my score in
    3dmark2k3 :-/ go figure heh

    Lee, Oct 9, 2003
  5. Andy Smith

    Darkfalz Guest

    I thought all Nvidia Geforce cards supported fast writes.

    It shouldn't damage your card, it should just crash if it doesn't support
    it.

    Darkfalz, Oct 10, 2003
  6. The "RivaTuner" Tweak Utility tells me if I have Fast Writes
    enabled or not. The entry under AGP controls in Low-Level System Settings
    shows "off" (greyed). Obviously my hardware does not support it.

    andreas

    Andreas Mitsis, Oct 10, 2003
  7. Andy Smith

    Shep© Guest