    the motherboard?

    Thanks,
    Keith

    Keith D, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Chances are pretty good that you can add a second harddrive without
    problems. All non-ancient laptops I know of have both a primary and
    a secondary IDE channel, as desktops usually have, and normally the
    harddrive is connected as primary master, while an additioal DVD/CD-ROM
    often is secondary master (or slave, as in my Gateway Solo 9300).
    So IDE-wise you probably could even add two more devices. :)

    Best you check the hardware manager, by connection, and just look
    where your IDE devices are connected and how many IDE channels are
    present.

    Ciao,
    Martin

    Martin Ramsch, Aug 18, 2003