Can I boot Tyan GS12 (with BIOS 1.05) from USB CD-ROM?

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by scottxyz, Aug 16, 2005.

  1. scottxyz

    scottxyz Guest

    Hi All -

    I would like to boot from a USB CD-ROM on my Tyan GS12 (with Phoenix
    BIOS 1.05) so I can install FreeBSD 5.3.

    The BIOS Setup chapter in the GS12 manual (p. 55) says the Boot Menu
    allows me to set the priority of the following four booting devices:

    - Removable Devices
    - Hard Drive
    - CD-ROM
    - IBA GS Slot 0208 v1216 (LAN Intel 82547GI)

    Can I select "Removable Devices" to boot from a USB CD-ROM?

    Thanks for any help.

    - Scott

    PS - Currently I'm not even able to get into the BIOS setup on this
    machine. I've posted separately on that issue here:

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group...1a2b2/8421534547294713?hl=en#8421534547294713

    scottxyz, Aug 16, 2005

  2. scottxyz

    scottxyz Guest

    PS - The hardware installed on this GS12 is as follows:

    - CPU: Intel P4 "Northwood" 2.8GHz, 512K L2 cache, 533MHz FSB
    - RAM: 2 x OCZ 1024MB, DDR400, PC3200, ECC Reg, 400MHZ
    - HDs: 2 x Western Digital SATA 250GB 8MB Cache

    scottxyz, Aug 16, 2005