Can I buy a Dell 450 from small business?

Discussion in 'Dell' started by me63401, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. me63401

    me63401 Guest

    Im wanting to buy a bare bones Dell Precision 450 for
    personal use only. Dell is having some good deals right
    now.

    I do not have a business tho.

    Can I order from small business even if I don't have a
    small business?

    Also I tried going thru the ordering process online....
    and got all the way .... except that it didn't give me
    an option to have the billing address and shipping
    address separate.

    I have all my mail sent to a PO Box.....so my billing
    address for my Visa card is to that PO Box. However i
    want the PC shipped here at work.

    Did i miss something or are PO Boxs not allowed at all
    in small business purchases?

    John

    me63401, Dec 11, 2003

  2. Yep. Make up a name. You are now John's Custom Consulting Co. Note that you may
    have to pay sales tax if you order as a small business.
    You might have to place your order over the phone to accomplish this.
    I see your dilemma--How come a shipment to John's Custom Consulting Co. is
    going to "XYZ Company"? Maybe you should ship it to John's Custom Consulting
    Co. care of "XYZ Company"

    Not as a ship to address. UPS and most other shipping companies will not
    deliver to a P.O. Box, only street addresses.

    Alan S. Wales, Dec 11, 2003

  3. me63401

    Tom Almy Guest

    I do all the time.
    You are asked for the billing address after you have specified
    your payment option. The information isn't requested at the
    same time as the mailing address, but you will be given the
    choice at the very end before you submit the order.

    Tom Almy, Dec 12, 2003
  4. me63401

    me63401 Guest

    You are asked for the billing address after you have specified
    OK

    Thanks so much Tom! I guess I just wasn't patient
    enough. <G>

    John

    me63401, Dec 12, 2003