    redirected, and/or that the restore process rewrites a drive
    image--wiping out the mbr and the "restore" partition I've created.

    Any info would be greatly appreciated.

    Steve Haubner, Jun 20, 2004

  2. Steve Haubner

    Jef Norton Guest

    Hi Steve -

    I don't think this will work. The Restore CD set needs to be able to boot
    the system in order to run. If your laptop has a BIOS option for network
    boot (some do), you may be able to copy your Restore CD set to the network
    and run it from there.

    As far as I know, Sony's BIOS' only support their own optical drives being
    bootable with the Restore CD's.

    Jef

    Jef Norton, Jun 22, 2004