    on the D drive every week or so, and I have mozy.com backing up some every 2
    days at about 1am. Mozy is free up to 2Gb and then you pay.

    Also have a smattering of files on yahoo Briefcase, but nothing critical

    RedOne77, Feb 7, 2008

  2. rajeshk4u

    Ben Myers Guest

    Mike,

    You've described exactly the scenario I follow when a client's computer shows up
    with a really sick unbootable hard drive, or even one with a mildly ill drive. I
    am in love with the little omnibus USB adapter cable supporting SATA, PATA and
    2.5" notebook drives all in one. Makes you look like a magician. Also useful
    for copying data from an old hard drive onto a new system... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 8, 2008

  3. rajeshk4u

    John Doue Guest

    Is not this solution even better?
    http://www.granitedigital.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=26

    It combines sata and pata, which really is necessary those days.

    John Doue, Feb 8, 2008
  4. rajeshk4u

    Ben Myers Guest

    I have something very similar, bought from someone in Hong Kong on eBay for a
    bit less. It handles SATA, 3.5" 40-pin PATA, and 2.5" 44-pin PATA for laptops.

    With this sort of gear, the flash stick on a lanyard around my neck, a pointy
    hat with planets, moons, and stars on it, and I do my computer magic act
    complete with incantations, mumbo jumbo, and waving the flash stick in the air.

    .... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 8, 2008
  5.
    Tom Rutherford, Feb 9, 2008
  6. rajeshk4u

    John Doue Guest

    Ben, I love your sense of humor!

    John Doue, Feb 9, 2008
  7. rajeshk4u

    Ben Myers Guest

    Thanks. It helps me cope with sometimes irrational clients and the extremely
    irrational Windows products... Ben

    Ben Myers, Feb 9, 2008
  8. rajeshk4u

    John Doue Guest

    Irrational clients ... Is this not a redundant statement?

    John Doue, Feb 9, 2008
  9. rajeshk4u

    Ben Myers Guest

    Sometimes. On the other hand, some can be a real pleasure to deal with. The
    wildly irrational ones, the ones that take too long to pay, and the ones who end
    up opposite me in small claims court are not on my list to solicit for return
    business. When some of them call, I tell them I can't help them. Others are
    on a cash or COD non-rubber check basis... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Feb 9, 2008
  10. rajeshk4u

    garygeorge33 Guest

    Hi..
    I was in the same problem that you are talking about, lost my data due to system crash and I was in search for an answer to query that was in my mind,immediate after data loss i.e. “how to recover files from an unbootable computer?” While surfing, I had come to know about a tool i.e. Computer File Recovery. Just connect unbootable computer drive to working PC and enjoy the recovery of your precious data. You can download this tool from internet by going through the below provided link.
    Website: - http://www.computer-filerecovery.net/
    Download: - http://www.computer-filerecovery.net/download/computer-filerecovery-windows.exe

    garygeorge33, Feb 1, 2013
  11. rajeshk4u

    clare Guest

    As long as the hard drive wasn't the cause of the no-boot - and if
    it was it was only the boot sector, you can recover data by
    installiong the drive as a second drive on another PC. External USB
    drive case works good.

    clare, Feb 2, 2013
  12. rajeshk4u

    Adrian CT Guest

    In case it's not plainly obvious, the previous post was a "response" to
    an original post asked here in 2008. Dumb third world Indian spammer who
    will install heaven knows what malware / viruses on your PC. AVOID.

    inetnum: 106.51.0.0 - 106.51.255.255
    netname: CABLELITE
    descr: Atria Convergence Technologies Pvt. Ltd.,
    descr: No 1, 2nd Floor,
    descr: Indian Express Building,
    descr: Queen's Road
    country: IN
    admin-c: VB54-AP
    tech-c: SR124-AP
    mnt-by: APNIC-HM
    mnt-lower: MAINT-IN-ACT
    mnt-routes: MAINT-IN-ACT
    mnt-irt: IRT-CABLELITE-IN
    status: ALLOCATED PORTABLE
    remarks: This object can only be updated by APNIC hostmasters.
    remarks: To update this object, please contact APNIC
    remarks: hostmasters and include your organisation's account
    remarks: name in the subject line.
    changed: 20110324
    source: APNIC

    Adrian CT, Mar 10, 2013