    hard disk to usb-2.0 ports.

    TYIA,
    Sree

    Sreekumar, Jan 21, 2004

  2. Sreekumar

    Andrew Guest

    : Hi

    : I have a hp business laptop, with just 2 usb-1.0 ports. If I buy a
    : compatible port replicator with usb-2.0 that connects to the docking
    : connector in the bottom, will it help me to get the usb 2.0 support?

    : I have a USB2.0 pcmcia adapter, but I have found that it sometimes
    : make my laptop unstable. My basic reason is to connect my portable
    : hard disk to usb-2.0 ports.

    What operating system are you using? You need USB 2.0 drivers as
    wellas the hardware. Are you sure you have the correct drivers
    installed for the new USB card? If you have Windows XP, it's probably
    already done. On something older like Windows 98, could be more
    difficult.

    Andrew
    --
    ----> Portland, Oregon, USA <----

    Andrew, Jan 21, 2004

  3. No, a USB hub won't change USB 1.0 into 2.0, if connected to a USB 1.0
    root USB port, the hub will operate at USB 1.0 speeds only.

    Barry Watzman, Jan 21, 2004
  4. Sreekumar

    JHEM Guest

    No, if the MB of the laptop only has USB1.1 support, then that's all you'll
    from the docking station. The connecters on the docking station are only
    pass-throughs of what's in the laptop, not separate HUBs.

    Regards,

    James

    JHEM, Jan 21, 2004