    http://www.dewaldsr.com ? I can't get enough bandwidth there.

    TIA

    Dr. John

    Dr John, Apr 25, 2004

  2. Dr John

    Dr John Guest

    A friend has a Presario 5630. I am trying to d/l it for her but don't
    have her serial number. I am trying to get a hold of her to get it.
    In the mean time, are there alternative locations other than

    Dr John, Apr 25, 2004

  3. Dr John

    HH Guest

    To start with, there are no downloadable recovery discs for any Compaq
    Presario. QuickRestore CDs are available for most that came with Windows
    Milenium or later OSs by calling Compaq.
    HH

    HH, Apr 26, 2004
  4. Dr John

    Dr John Guest

    Thanks, but the Compaq site says it has one. I don't understand. Do
    you know what they are offering?

    Dr. John

    Dr John, Apr 26, 2004
  5. Dr John

    HH Guest

    Post the URL to the download.
    HH

    HH, Apr 26, 2004
  6. Dr John

    Dr John Guest

    The Compaq link turns out to be one to order the CD. I couldn't tell
    until I got the serial number. It does confirm there is a recovery CD
    available.
    http://qrcons.orderz.com/page1.asp

    It is available for download at:
    http://www.dewaldsr.com

    The download is so slow it times out part way through.

    Dr. John

    Dr John, Apr 27, 2004
  7. Dr John

    HH Guest

    Just get the CD. It's $10. including postage. FYI, Unless the Compaq folders
    are still on the D:System_sav partition, the recovery CD will not restore
    the system.
    HH

    HH, Apr 27, 2004
  8. Dr John

    HH Guest

    The S/N is on a white barcode sticker on the back of the PC. It is 12-digits
    alphanumeric. You also can call Compaq at 800-841-2761 for
    Recovery/QuickRestore CDs.
    HH

    HH, Apr 27, 2004
  9. Dr John

    Dr John Guest

    That's my plan. I was hoping to avoid the shipping time.

    Dr. John

    Dr John, Apr 27, 2004