Can I get dual DVI output on one card?

Discussion in 'Matrox' started by Jonathan E, Aug 28, 2004.

  1. Jonathan E

    Jonathan E Guest

    Hi

    Probably a stupid question (I'm good at those!) but...

    I'm thinking of buying two 17" TFTs for my PC. I'll need a new graphics card
    which supports 2 monitors. All the ones I can find seem for have one
    analogue VGA port and one 'digital' DVI port. I plan to get TFTs with DVI
    inputs so would like to run them both DVI rather than one DVI and one
    VGA/analogue.

    I realise that you can get 'dongles' to convert the DVI port to VGA d-type
    (I guess the DVI socket has digital and analogue pins) but I am presuming
    that the standard VGA dtype does not support digital.

    Does this make any kind of sense....upshot is how do I run two TFTs via DVI
    from one graphics card?

    Thanks

    Jonathan
    Nottingham, UK

    Jonathan E, Aug 28, 2004

  2. Jonathan E

    J. Clarke Guest

    DVI-I has both sets of signals--most video boards have DVI-I outputs.
    Quick overview

    J. Clarke, Aug 28, 2004

  3. Jonathan E

    Ken Guest

    Matrox P750 have two DVI output.

    Ken, Aug 28, 2004
  4. Jonathan E

    Time Waster Guest

    Look on Ebay for old Matrox G200MMS (including cables), mine was under
    $50. Runs 4 Samsung 191Ts, and you will enjoy multiple screens so
    much that not having the 'latest and greatest gaming video card' will
    be unimportant.

    The narrow Samsung frame is ideal for side-by-side placement, not to
    mention their outstanding video.

    Time Waster, Aug 28, 2004
  5. David Livingstone, Aug 28, 2004
  6. Jonathan E

    stealth Guest

    Any input on when/if Matrox will provide dual DVI cards in PCI-E format?

    stealth, Aug 30, 2004
  7. Jonathan E

    J. Clarke Guest

    They've announced "by year end or later". Bet on "later".

    J. Clarke, Aug 30, 2004