    reciver)
    while connecting a regular dvd to reciver does so.

    i'm using beyond media as my dvd player.

    Elhanan, Nov 26, 2005

  2. Elhanan

    T Shadow Guest

    IIRC the Audigy won't output digital when playing DVDs. You'll need an
    analog connection to do digital surround from the DVD. DMCA strikes again,
    You have to RTFM to know this because they sure as hell don't want you to
    know before you buy.

    T Shadow, Nov 27, 2005

  3. Elhanan

    Elhanan Guest

    how can i use analog connection for sorround sound? will i need
    computer speakers for that? or can i use my reciver?

    i tried donwloading the manual , but it's corrupt.

    i also changed my sound card defintions to use external decoder, so i
    do get dolby digital (according to the signals of my reciver) , but
    only left/right/ sub woofer speakers.

    Elhanan, Nov 28, 2005
  4. Elhanan

    T Shadow Guest

    You should have a pdf file on the disc(s) that came with your card that show
    everything you need for analog connection.

    T Shadow, Nov 28, 2005
  5. Elhanan

    Elhanan Guest

    ok.. first of all i manage to get digital audio, as for the limited
    channel i was dum and forgot that dvd itself can send 2.1 audio or 5.1
    audio now i have it all for dvd.

    what's left is analouge, problem is i assume the pdf is referrign to pc
    speakers, now when i run the diagnotstics, i only hear front spreakers,
    no subwoofer no sorround. i don't know how can i hook it up to a
    reciver. i saw something called pre-out on a reciver, i don't know if
    that's related.

    Elhanan, Nov 28, 2005
  6. Elhanan

    T Shadow Guest

    You have 3 mini-phone jacks for output on the Audigy but I have no idea how
    it connects to your receiver. My receiver is still analog surround and I
    don't have the computer hooked to it.
    Good luck.

    T Shadow, Nov 29, 2005
  7. Elhanan

    Elhanan Guest

    well i think i've managed to get it. it has an 6.1 RCA analog input
    plugs, and i have to switch to 6.1 input mode, (the only the sucks are
    the mini jacks which are of good quality which makes them thick), they
    can't be all connected to the back of the card, becouse they have no
    room, so i have to get a small female-male extender for one of them.

    also i think the third connection should be 3 RCA to a mini jack
    becouse it's for sub-wooder, center and back center.

    Elhanan, Nov 29, 2005