    just want to make sure can i install the VIAHyperion4in1v4.51 when i use
    KM400 chipset?? (With vga built in ).

    Thanks..

    TORN, Feb 11, 2004

  2. TORN

    Paul Guest

    The A7V8X-MX user manual (PDF page 61) says:

    ******
    3.2.2 Drivers menu
    The drivers menu shows the available device drivers if the system
    detects installed devices. Install the necessary drivers to activate
    the devices. Screen display and driver options may not be the same
    for other operating system versions.

    VIA 4 in 1 Driver
    The item installs the following drivers:
    * VIA Registry (INF) driver
    * VIA AGP VxD driver
    * VIA ATAPI vendor support driver
    * VIA PCI IRQ Miniport driver

    KM400 Display Driver
    Click this item to install the KM400 display driver for the onboard VGA.

    AD1980 SoundMAX Audio Driver
    This item installs the AD1980 SoundMAX audio driver and applications.

    Install VIA LAN Driver
    Click this item to install the VIA 10/100Mb Fast Ethernet Adapter
    driver for your local area network (LAN).

    USB 2.0 Driver
    This item installs the USB 2.0 driver.
    Some menu items appear only to specific operating system versions.
    ******

    so the answer is yes. But there is no copy of the Hyperion driver
    on the download page, so I guess you have to go to viaarena.com.

    http://www.asus.com.tw/support/download/item.aspx?ModelName=A7V8X-MX

    Paul

    Paul, Feb 11, 2004

  3. TORN