    8 nos of chips on the bar only)

    Is there any need to set something on the BISO concerning the ECC
    function ???

    C.M.LAU, Feb 7, 2004

  2. C.M.LAU

    DaveW Guest

    NO, you cannot mix them, and you cannot use the ECC in a non-ECC designed
    motherboard.

    DaveW, Feb 8, 2004

  3. C.M.LAU

    C.M.LAU Guest

    Thanks Dave,

    My old home computer's motherboard can support ECC in the BIOS's
    chipset features. But currently, because all existing 2 slots of
    SDRAM are non-ECC, hence such ECC support function was disabled in the
    BIOS setting.

    Now, I re-salvage a bar of old ECC SDRAM from an old server.
    I would like to mix use it on my old home computer's mother-board.

    i.e. Slot 1 = Non ECC SDRAM
    Slot 2 = Non ECC SDRAM
    Slot 3 = ECC SDRAM
    While I still maintain the BIOS setting to Non-ECC SDRAM. That is to
    said, I am not using the ECC feature of the slot 3's SDRAM only.

    I suppose that it works, but according to your saying above, it does
    not work.
    Is it true ???

    C.M.LAU, Feb 9, 2004