    How do I tell Win200/WinXP to use 2.0 drivers and USB 2.0 slots when new external USB devices
    are plugged into the new USB slots ?

    Peter

    Peter Meister, Nov 23, 2006

  2. Peter Meister

    Buffalo Guest

    Just order a card from Pricewatch or go to a computer store. It will be a PCI
    card and should cost under $20 US.
    It will come with an installation CD and is very simple to install.
    You do not have to disable the old USB 1.1 because the new card will have its
    own ports and you can still use the old ports if needed for a mouse, etc.
    I have a K7S5a rev 3.1 and I dual boot Win98SE and Win2000Pro and my card has 4
    USB 2 ports.
    It is and Encore PCI Controller Card and it was around $10US.
    You can search on the Internet and even get FireWire ports included with that
    new card.
    Some cost quite a bit, so look around.

    Buffalo, Nov 26, 2006