    master and the other as slave ? or do both have to be
    master ?

    Please help.

    Great Weather, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Great Weather

    Paul Guest

    Should not be a problem.

    I have had 2x 40GB Maxtor drives, 1x 40GB WD and 1x 45GB Maxtor drive all put
    together in a RAID 5 array in the past. Together they gave me 120GB capacity
    (the extra 5GB was lost on the last Maxtor).

    Generally speaking the RAID controller would operate at the speed of the slowest
    drive and the capacity of the smallest drive. Other than that, an IDE drive
    hooked to an IDE controller should not be a problem.

    Paul

    Paul, Jul 7, 2003