Can I use Audigy Drive with Audigy 2 ZS

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by 24 Carrot Balla, Dec 7, 2003.

  1. Greetings people, and Happy Holidays.

    While getting very upset about my crappy onboard sound (even though the
    nForce sound is a step above previous onboard sound), so I decided to try to
    put my old Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum card in my system.

    While thinking I'm going to be playing my Call of Duty in beautiful EAX
    sounding, I forgot that this card was fried, and I never got around to
    replacing it.

    So the other day I got me a new Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, but I guess I
    made an assumption that I could use the Platinum Drive from my Audigy 1 on
    my Audigy 2. I also noticed that they changed two of the pins on the I/O
    connector on the Audigy 2, also they swapped the position of the 10 pin
    portion of the AUD_EXT.

    Tell me truthfully and tell me now. Is this a go. I would have gotten the
    one with the drive but. Come on, $100 more for the damn drive. I swear
    computer hardware companies have gotten greedier and greedier. It's bad
    enough I have to put up with these manufactures reluctance to even give up
    product info so we can have support for superior OS's like Linux. Not all
    of us are mindless boobed suck slaves to Microsoft. Windows sucks for real
    FPS games too. Tell me what you think ?

    24 Carrot Balla, Dec 7, 2003