    number of seconds) between songs?

    Thanks.

    Roger Carlson

    rogacasa, Jan 21, 2006

  2. Good question Roger. I had no idea iTunes doesn't do that by default.
    Hopefully there is an option and someone can tell us both.

    Tim ...

    The OS/2 Guy©, Jan 21, 2006

  3. See preferences, advanced, burning, to select pause from zero to 5
    seconds.

    Bill Williams, Jan 21, 2006
  4. rogacasa

    rogacasa Guest

    Replying to my own post here to clarify:

    I am asking about configuring iTunes to pause between tracks during
    _playback_ of playlists. I would like iTunes to pause for a
    predetermined amount of time before it starts playing the next track in
    a playlist.

    I'm _not_ talking about inserting pauses between tracks when burning
    CDs. I know that can be done, and that's not my need.

    Thanks,
    Roger Carlson

    rogacasa, Jan 21, 2006
  5. rogacasa

    Brian Hughes Guest

    I've never heard of a hack to do this, but I imagine if you could hack
    the crossplay feature to do this in some way it might work.

    Failing that, you might create an empty sound file of the desired length
    and intersperse that between tracks. It might even be possible to
    script the playlist creation.

    Brian Hughes, Jan 22, 2006
  6. Have you looked at:

    http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/

    If it's not there, something like the below should work:

    repeat with i from 1 to (number of tracks in current playlist)
    play track i of current playlist
    delay ((length of track i of current playlist) + 5)
    end repeat

    (note: line 3 needs work as the length is returned in MM:SS format, not
    a number of seconds)

    David J Richardson, Jan 22, 2006