    Maybe something similar? Are the port addresses posted online
    somewhere? I am open to suggestions about installing Linux on a Sparc.

    Dominic

    Dominic-Luc Webb, Nov 18, 2003

  2. The parallel port drivers in the Sparc Linux kernel have been
    broken for some time, and there is no maintainer for this
    module. Feel free to volunteer to fix it, the Sparc Linux
    kernel team have other more urgent priorities.

    If you have the time and skills to have a go at this issue
    the folks on the sparclinux mailing list at vger.kernel.org
    will almost certainly have whatever documentation exists.

    In reality(tm) there is little demand because Sun boxes are
    usually used with network printers.

    Both Splack and Debian should work OK on your machine, but
    the broken printer port drivers affect all.

    Chris Newport, Nov 18, 2003

  3. SPARC I/O works quite different from IA32 I/O ports; things like ioperm
    have no meaning in that context (SPARC does not have I/O ports)

    Which information do you need?

    Casper

    Casper H.S. Dik, Nov 19, 2003