    Xp installed so if the SATA gos down i can just swtich off SATA and be
    fine ?

    If you know what i mean.

    Little TeaPot, Sep 16, 2004

  2. Little TeaPot

    BigBadger Guest

    "Little TeaPot" <> wrote in message
    news:...

    > Can my NF7-S 2.0 boot from SATA in bios ?
    >
    > But still allow me to leave my other drive a primary IDE so if i wish
    > i can leave that just where it is and have it as a backup drive with
    > Xp installed so if the SATA gos down i can just swtich off SATA and be
    > fine ?
    >
    > If you know what i mean.

    Yes, that's exactly how I run mine. Just select SATA as the first boot
    device.

    BigBadger, Sep 16, 2004

  3. And will the second ATA drive show up ? and be usable and not
    interfere with the SATA drives speed ?

    Little TeaPot, Sep 16, 2004
  4. Little TeaPot

    > And will the second ATA drive show up ? and be usable and not
    > interfere with the SATA drives speed ?

    Yep, it will show up and run just fine

    BigBadger, Sep 16, 2004
  5. Yeah did a Hdtach test on my new SATA drive did 100 old drive does 50
    :), all the partitions are setup, using PartitionMagic XP now.

    Where can i get the SATA drivers, well new ones for my NF7-S 2.0 ?

    Thanks.

    Little TeaPot, Sep 17, 2004
  6. http://www.siliconimage.com/home.asp. Enter 'drivers' in the search box and
    click 'Go'. On the next page click 'Downloads' in the list on the left, then
    'Drivers', then 'Sil3x12' and pick what you want.

    Mike Bernstein, Sep 17, 2004
  7. Their latest drivers and different to the nvidia drivers ?

    Or the same ?

    Little TeaPot, Sep 17, 2004
  8. The ones on the Silicon Image site are the latest (if it is Windows, the
    RAID driver is 1.0.0.50). Remember, it is their chip that provides SATA on
    the NF7-S V2.0 not nvidia. Also remember that the SATA chip has a BIOS and
    that is updated by updating the main MB BIOS. You should update that as well
    if you have not done so allready. The latest BIOS from Abit provides the
    4.2.47 SATA BIOS, which is also the version listed on the Silicon Image
    website as the latest SATA BIOS for this chip.

    Mike Bernstein, Sep 17, 2004
  9. Upgraded to the latest bios the other day, 26 i think.

    Thanks.

    Little TeaPot, Sep 17, 2004
  10. Little TeaPot

    Greger Hoel Guest

    <> wrote:

    >http://www.siliconimage.com/home.asp. Enter 'drivers' in the search box and
    >click 'Go'. On the next page click 'Downloads' in the list on the left, then
    >'Drivers', then 'Sil3x12' and pick what you want.

    So Sil3x12 == Sil3112A , or what?
    Always cross a vampire, never moon a werewolf

    To reach me, swap spammers get bent with softhome

    Greger Hoel, Sep 20, 2004
  11. Yes

    Mike Bernstein, Sep 21, 2004