    computer? If not, any suggestions on what I can do to convince them to sell
    me parts?

    Thanks

    Jeffrey J. Kosowsky, Jul 9, 2003

  2. Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

    Jeff Bean Guest

    I don't know for sure, but I doubt whether Dell will sell you parts
    without a service tag number. However you can get what you are looking
    for on eBay. I searched for truemobile 1300 and got six hits.

    I bought a 1150 mini PCI wireless card on eBay a few months ago for a
    Toshiba laptop and it has worked just fine.

    Jeff Bean

    Jeff Bean, Jul 9, 2003

  3. Jeffrey J. Kosowsky

    Sean Guest

    They'll definitely sell parts to whomever is willing to pay for them. For
    example, my company recently did some consulting work for a client that
    bought some systems from another company that had been a Dell reseller. It
    seems that the reseller was in serious financial trouble & among their
    unpaid debts was a bill for about 20 Optiplex desktops and two Poweredge
    servers for this company.
    Thus the client ended up with no warranty, as they paid the reseller for
    these items & the reseller neglected to pay their bill to Dell. So we need
    two replacement power supplies in these machines immediately. Since there
    was no valid warranty, I simply went to dell.com & bought some the required
    items online without service tag numbers, no questions asked.

    Sean, Jul 9, 2003