    presentations launch PPT 2008 and Excel spreadsheets open Excel 2004
    -- is this possible? And, if so, I'd love some pointers on how to do
    it? Thanks a bunch.

    luxor1275bc, Jun 27, 2008

  2. luxor1275bc

    Tim McNamara Guest

    The possible fly in the ointment being whether .xls files created in
    Excel 2008 can be opened by Excel 2004. (I don't know, I don't use
    either). There have already been problems with the Word 2008 file
    format and Word 2004 (the Windows version of Office 2008 has been out a
    while already- interestingly enough, NeoOffice/OpenOffice could read
    that file format while the older Word application couldn't).

    Tim McNamara, Jun 27, 2008

  3. luxor1275bc

    Ted Lee Guest

    Yup. I was amused that I had no problem reading a Word 2008 document
    someone sent me on my Mac (using NeoOffice) at home but couldn't read it at
    work because we're on Office 2003 under XP and because I don't have admin
    rights on my machine I couldn't install the converter (as I recall.)

    Ted Lee, Jun 27, 2008
  4. luxor1275bc

    Tim McNamara Guest

    That's pretty funny. I've been so pleased with NeoOffice that I have no
    use for Microsoft Office. Although NeoOffice doesn't seem to handle
    Excel macros very well.

    Tim McNamara, Jun 27, 2008