Can someone help me fix flicker in video and audio?

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Salvatore, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. Salvatore

    Salvatore Guest

    Hello

    I get flicker in video and audio when using PowerDVD to play DVD's.
    The same flicker occurs when I play mpeg's in Windows Media Player and
    in the player that came bundled with the screencard. I have just
    upgraded my PC and installed the latest driver for the screencard
    (downloaded from ATI website).
    My system is;

    ASUS P4S800 motherboard
    Intel P4 2,4 GHz, 800 MHz FSB
    ATI Radeon 9100 Atlantis screencard (128 MB RAM)
    512 MB DDR RAM
    120 GB IDE HD
    Sony DVD reader/burner
    AOpen 48x12x50 CD reader/burner
    Audio integrated on motherboard
    MS windows98

    I downloaded some upgrades for the motherboard - among them an updated
    AGP driver, but when I try to run it I get the message 'You do not
    install SiS AGP driver'. But I'm sure I've installed this driver from
    the CDR that came with the motherboard so I don'r really understand
    this message.

    Can anyone help me get the DVD and mpeg playback work OK?
    Thanks in advance for help.

    salvatore

    Salvatore, Sep 7, 2003

  2. Salvatore

    Mangyrat Guest

    your shur that driver package you used is not for a board with built in
    video? i had a problem like that with a biostar m7viw if i installed agp 3.0
    driver it would lock up and crash. after calling biostar i found out that
    the driver was realy not for my board it was for a diferent one with built
    in video ""lol it came with my board." the only way i fixed it was to format
    my sys and reinstall everything and i made shur i skiped intalling the agp
    driver. make a restore point everytime you install a driver that way if you
    screw up you can fix it.

    Mangyrat, Sep 7, 2003