    I'd like to get Terminal to set a different background color
    depending on to which machine I'm SSH-ing. Can this be done
    via the shell?

    luxor1275bc, Sep 24, 2005

  2. luxor1275bc

    matt neuburg Guest

    Well, you can obviously change a window's background color from the
    shell. And you could make a set of aliases for the different ssh
    commands that would change the window color and perform the ssh in one
    move. So in that sense the answer would be Yes. So for example you'd
    make an alias that translates to this:

    osascript -e 'tell app "Terminal" to set background color of window 1 to
    {-13208, -1, 4622}'; ssh duck.local

    m.

    matt neuburg, Sep 25, 2005

  3. luxor1275bc

    D P Schreber Guest

    Probably simpler to save Terminal documents for each host: do New
    Command; enter 'ssh xxx' as the command, where xxx is the host; set the
    background color to whatever you like; then Save As xxx.term. Then
    whenever you want to ssh to xxx, pick 'xxx' from the Library menu.

    D P Schreber, Sep 25, 2005
  4. luxor1275bc

    Bob Harris Guest

    Bob Harris, Sep 26, 2005