    Couldn't find any information on this in the system handbook.

    Thanks,
    /Karl D.

    KarlD, Jan 11, 2008

  2. I don't know about spec, but I had a shelf of about 10 of them in that
    orientation for several years (much easier to pull one out when they're
    not stacked). No particular problems noted.

    I can't be sure how these were (they might have been sitting with the
    right side up), but unless there are other considerations like actual
    documentation or the blockage of cooling vents, I'll try to put the side
    with the power supply on the top for heat flow reasons.

    Darren Dunham, Jan 12, 2008

  3. KarlD

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Yes it can, but you would need to try it to see if it will keep working
    that way.
    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

    Barry OGrady, Jan 12, 2008
  4. KarlD

    DoN. Nichols Guest

    I don't know an *official* answer, but for a couple of years, I
    was running an Ultra-5 and an Ultra-10 side by side as web servers. The
    format of the place where they were was such that I set the Ultra-5 on
    its left side (as seen from the front) which produced two surfaces at
    close enough to the same height so I could put a LCD monitor on the two
    (switched between the two, and just kept a separate keyboard connected
    to each. (No mice, because I was not using the GUI on the OS
    installed.)

    I now have two U-10s side by side, and the U-5 is now a
    firewall.

    Enjoy,
    DoN.

    DoN. Nichols, Jan 12, 2008