Can windows journal Export the file to jpg?

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by 熱血+幸é‹+努力+必中=Cody, Oct 21, 2005.

  1. The Windows journal "Export as.." only can export file to tif
    and the output file quality is very poor(quality same as a fax)

    熱血+幸é‹+努力+必中=Cody, Oct 21, 2005

  2. 熱血+幸é‹+努力+必中=Cody

    Jan Wagner Guest

    This is nearly the same limitation as in OneNote, and you need a
    workaround for this...

    You can either make screenshots (e.g. using Snipping Tool from the
    Tablet PC Experience Pack), or export to .mht. Then open the .mht in
    IE and save the images one by one (right-click, Save Picture As).

    You can also do the samge by installing a "virtual jpeg printer" and
    printing to it (from any application). Googling for the above phrase
    gave results like http://www.dobysoft.com/products/softcopy/ and
    http://www.pdfhacks.com/virtual_printer/

    Maybe this helps?

    regards,
    - Jan

    Jan Wagner, Oct 21, 2005

  3. Yes, "by design" unfortunately.

    You can save as Web-page, and extract PNG or JPG files from the file
    thicket.

    Mike Williams, Oct 21, 2005
  4. To follow up on what Jan said, SnagIt (www.snagit.com) which has been
    mentioned a bit in tablet pc forums before, also has a virtual printer that
    will allow you to print to image files.

    Josh Einstein, Oct 21, 2005
  5. 熱血+幸é‹+努力+必中=Cody

    Bernd Helzer Guest

    One option is to use the Journal Importer Code and do it yourself.

    If you are not a programmer or don't want to put in that much effort,
    download the Scribbler (www.agilix.com/infinotesSamples.aspx) application.
    You can import the Journal Document and then Save as Image (it's .png put
    the quality is great).

    While I am at it, a third option is to use the InfiNotes (www.InfiNotes.com)
    controls and write a program using the Journal and Image converters. I
    expect this program to be about 10 lines of code. Sounds like a challenge
    for someone out there. :)

    Bernd Helzer, Oct 21, 2005
  6. I also meant to mention that the virtual printer that comes with Office
    XP/2003 for the MODI utility outputs to TIFF. However you need to tweak
    the settings to that it uses standard compression rather than the more
    advanced MS variant.

    Mike Williams, Oct 24, 2005
  7. 熱血+幸é‹+努力+必中=Cody

    Taro Guest

    Would it make any sense to export it to PDF?

    Taro, Oct 26, 2005
  8. No. In general, that would be lossier.

    Mike Williams, Oct 27, 2005