Can you install individual / All components of the Tablet Experience Pack UnAttended

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by jrod, Nov 12, 2005.

  1. jrod

    jrod Guest

    I am developing the deployment image for the Tablet PC 2005 at the
    corporation that I work at. I want to know if there is an unattended
    command to install all or individual pieces of the Experince Pack?

    I can't slipstream the install, use a syspreped image, group policy and we
    don't use SMS for software deployment.

    There is an "Install All" button in the launcher. Is there a way to pass
    that command unattended?

    I opened a ticket with support and the individual just can seem to
    understand what I am asking (SRX05110602128 if you happen to work at MS).
    You can "/quiet" the main installer but that only installs the setup files
    and the "Launcher" gui. I want the applications pre installed.

    I have tried pulling appart the package to get the individual MSI files, but
    they error saying you need to use the "Launcher" gui to install (except for
    the Ink Art which is not made by MS).

    Any ideas?

    Johnnie

    jrod, Nov 12, 2005

  2. jrod

    Chris H. Guest

    I believe it requires a manual install, Johnnie. First, it must verify the
    existence of an English version of the operating system, and second, there
    is a reliability (I think, but I'll check) on .NET being installed and
    functional.

    Chris H., Nov 12, 2005

  3. jrod

    Jason Tsang Guest

    The Tablet Experience Pack (and the Education Pack) are both dependent on
    ..NET Framework 1.1, so you'll need to have that version of the .net
    framework installed on your tablet.

    Jason Tsang, Nov 12, 2005