    grateful.

    Thanks in advance

    Boney

    boney, Jul 10, 2003

  2. boney

    Teoulas Guest

    it might be your tv card drivers, especially if you're using 3rd party
    drivers. what tv card do you have? have you tried moving some cards to
    other pci slots? you can also try removing your pci cards one by one,
    and see if it gets better.

    Teoulas, Jul 11, 2003

  3. boney

    Eric Sexton Guest

    I had a similar problem where WinXP installation would fail
    with a different, seemingly random problem everytime.
    It turned out to be a bad memory module. I had 3 modules,
    and I tried the install with one module installed, one at a time
    until I found the guilty party.

    If the error messages are random, try changing your ram
    in a similar fashion.

    _____________________________
    Chaos reigns within.
    Reflect, repent, and reboot.
    Order shall return.
    _____________________________

    Eric Sexton, Jul 11, 2003
  4. boney

    boney Guest

    whathat do u mean changing the ram - buying new ones

    boney, Jul 11, 2003
  5. boney

    Eric Sexton Guest

    Buying it, borrowing it, warranty it,
    whatever it takes to get the bad RAM out and good RAM in.

    Not all your RAM, but just the bad RAM.

    Specifically, I mean taking out all the ram except for one module.
    Then, see if the system is stable. If so, add back in the
    modules you took out until the system becomes unstable.
    Then, you'll know which RAM module is causing the problem.

    I'm not sure if "module" is the popular term or not.
    I'm talking about individual sticks of memory. For example,
    my machine has a total of 512MB of RAM.
    I have a 128MB module, another 128MB module, and a
    256MB module. 3 modules or "sticks" of RAM.

    _____________________________
    Chaos reigns within.
    Reflect, repent, and reboot.
    Order shall return.