    connection.
    Any way round this?
    I cannot afford a more expensive card yet.

    skeatsan''co, Sep 22, 2003

  2. skeatsan''co

    TMack Guest

    Yes you can have more than one graphics card installed. However, I can't
    see what DVI or VGA would have to do with a USB hub. Surely the USB hub in
    the monitor requires a separate cable to connect it to a USB port on the PC?

    Tony

    TMack, Sep 23, 2003

  3. skeatsan''co

    J.Clarke Guest

    You don't run the USB cable from the video board to the monitor, you run
    it from a USB port to the monitor. And LG provides a USB cable with the
    monitor for that purpose.

    J.Clarke, Sep 23, 2003
  4. skeatsan''co

    skeatsan''co Guest

    Thankyou, any setup advice?

    No, I didn't have a separate cable. The only Radeon connection to the
    monitor I used was the DVI one.
    The mouse etc worked ok from that. (two usb ports available on it). The
    DVI connection must have powered it somehow.
    I didn't connect the monitor to the Radeon VGA port.

    The instructions said not to use a peripheral that needed a lot of power
    though and to use the computer ports for those.
    (I only have two usb ports on the three year old computer and wanted to use
    those for my scanner (which takes its power via the computer) and printer.

    The NVidia card is a great improvement on the old card anyway and I only
    wanted to avoid the pixillation in SimCity4 which was driving me mad and it
    does that satisfactorily. I am not a game fanatic otherwise.

    I'm saving for a new computer next year sometime so didn't want to spend a
    fortune now.

    skeatsan''co, Sep 23, 2003
  5. skeatsan''co

    Dark Avenger Guest

    Ah I still can remember, going from an ATI 8Mb to an Viper II with
    32Mb.....Simcity III directly reacted much better. Later though I had
    an GF 256 and damn..now that was really good.

    Simcity is not using much GPU power....but it definitly can use the
    memory!

    Dark Avenger, Sep 23, 2003