    I have updated the bios to the latest version 1007, which installed with
    no problem, with no change in the problem.

    Any sugestions?

    Dale, Jan 16, 2005

  2. Dale

    JM Guest

    I'm sure you've probably tried a few different ways, but sometimes I have to
    try 3 or 4 times to get into the bios on my A7N8X.. It seems to depend on
    when you start pressing "del" and how many times you press it. It would be
    nice if it would let you know when it's recognized your key press. I also
    have a *very* hard time getting into the onboard flash utility (ctrl-F2 or
    alt-F2 I think), it only works maybe 1/3 of the time, although the last time
    I needed to use it, I seemed to have better luck by pressing Alt and F2 in
    quick succession rather than holding Alt and then pressing F2.

    Hope this helps!

    JM, Jan 16, 2005

  3. Dale

    Ginchy Guest

    hold down ctrl at bootup

    works sometimes

    Ginchy, Jan 16, 2005
  4. Dale

    Dale Guest

    Using info gathered from another group I found that switching polarity
    on the pwr switch plug I got the bios to go to the device detection
    screen. It did indeed detect all the hardware and left me the F1 and F2
    options. The F1 option to go to bios setup opened a screen with waiting
    in the middle. I left this for up to 20 min. with no change. Using the
    F2 option to go continue using default setting took me to the OS with no
    problems.

    I would like to get into the settings area to make a few changes so any
    further assistance would be greatly appreciated.

    Dale, Jan 16, 2005