    bootable from the DW CD.

    Thanks for any help,
    Steve C.

    Steve Champeau, Oct 18, 2003

  2. The only thing I could glean from the manual was that
    one may need to disconnect all external devices from
    the computer prior to using DW.

    George Williams, Oct 18, 2003

  3. George -

    Thanks for the info from the manual - I cannot read the DW manual on
    my Mac for obvious reasons, and I get an error when attempting to read
    the DW CD on my Wink2K laptop.

    I actually had removed the 3rd party 256MB SIMM, the Airport card and
    my USB mouse from the machine before my last DW attempt. It should be
    completely stock.

    Thanks,
    Steve C.

    Steve Champeau, Oct 19, 2003
  4. Steve Champeau

    Jeff Wechter Guest

    Or the motherboard. I recently dealt with a Tibook (late
    2002 rev.) with a faulty motherboard that wouldn't boot off
    a DW CD.

    Besides the hard drive, how's your PB behaving?

    Jeff

    Jeff Wechter, Oct 19, 2003
  5. Thanks for your reply.

    My Powerbook is an older 500 MHz model, purchased December, 2001.

    I came across some info yesterday about the firewire target mode, and
    thought it looked promising. I took my PowerBook to Kinko's, and
    hooked it through firewire mode into one of their G4 desktops, which
    was running OS 9. Their machine said that the disk could not be read,
    and the only option it gave was to reinitialize it.

    The boot CD question is an intriguing one. I can boot succssfully
    using the hardware diagnostics CD, the OS X 10.0 install disk, and the
    OS 9 install disk, all of which came with the machine. I CANNOT boot
    using either the 10.2 Jaguar install CD or the DiskWarrior 3.0 CD.

    Also, I went to the Apple Store here in Sacramento yesterday morning,
    and they attempted to start it using an external firewire drive as a
    OS X boot disk. The startup process hung up at the "Checking local
    drives" step.

    Thanks for the help,
    Steve C.

    Steve Champeau, Oct 20, 2003
  6. Steve Champeau

    Jeff Wechter Guest

    So what did the Apple Store recommend that you do to fix
    this?

    Jeff

    Jeff Wechter, Oct 20, 2003