Cannot calibrate the display. The factory profile for the display cannot be found

Discussion in 'Apple' started by stockton.hunt, Jan 12, 2005.

  1. I just upgraded from a G4/450 to a G5 DP 2Hhz machine and am running
    two VGA monitors via the supplied DVI to VGA adaptor and a purchased
    Dr. Bott ADC to VGA adaptor.

    Before, I could calibrate my monitors, but now my 20" Mitsubishi
    Diamondtron monitor doesn't let me calibrate it and it's kinda washed
    out looking. When I try to calibrate I get this message:

    "Cannot calibrate the display. The factory profile for the display
    cannot be found"

    I also no longer get the 1152x932 resolution. Only 1024x768 then up to
    1280x1024. This all worked fine under OSX Panther 10.37, but now with
    my G5 running the same OS I can't calibrate the Mitsubishi and lost the
    1152 resolution. My LCD VGA monitor allows for calibration but not the
    Mitsubishi.
    Anyone have a clue what's going on and how I can fix it?

    Thanks!

    Skip

    stockton.hunt, Jan 12, 2005

  2. never could figure this out... but I downloaded a shareware program
    called SuperCal_1.1.4 that did the trick in case anyone else has the
    same problem.

    stockton.hunt, Jan 13, 2005

  3. apparently, the new G5 just plain doesn't like my Mitsubishi. I just
    reinstalled everything to try and trouble shoot, and when it was
    finished the dialogue box said, "Set up Assistant cannot run with this
    monitor" etc. And, although the SuperCal shareware app I mentioned
    above works, it's only temporary. I have to recalibrate after I
    restart.

    Looks like I'll be shoppin' for a new montitor. :-(

    stockton.hunt, Jan 13, 2005