Cannot connect to SBS 2003 server but.....

Discussion in 'Apple' started by Oliver Marshall, Nov 29, 2007.

  1. Hi chaps,

    I'm having a problem connecting to a Windows SBS 2003 server from any
    OS X machines in the office.

    Now, I know that you have to turn off digital signing on the SBS box
    and this is something that we do as standard. However this doesnt seem
    to be the cause of the issue.

    When a user hits APPLE+K in finder and enter smb://<server IP> and
    hitting connect, they get "Could not connect to the server because the
    name or the password is not correct". This happens within about 10
    seconds and they do NOT get prompted for a username and password, even
    on new machines. There is no cached keychain entry for the server
    either.

    Normally, the issue with digital signing sees the OSX user being
    prompted for a username and password and THEN not being allowed access
    to the share. We dont even get that far.

    We can however access the share using AFP if we enable Appletalk on
    the windows server.

    Any suggestions ?

    Olly

    --
    Managed online backup services
    G2 Support

    Get a free trial today
    www.g2support.com/downloads

    Oliver Marshall, Nov 29, 2007

  2. It's more or less the same as any other windows install except for
    limits on the number of licenses and the number of SBS servers on any
    one network.

    Oliver Marshall, Nov 29, 2007