cannot delete file: access is denied

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by Evan Delay, Jul 8, 2003.

  1. Evan Delay

    Evan Delay Guest

    Ocassionaly, when I try to delete a file from our Netware 5.x file
    server, I get the message "Cannot delete <filename>: access is denied"
    "Make sure the disk is not write protect or full". This disk is
    neither. This happens ocassionaly. Perhaps 10% of the time. Sometimes
    if I try to delete the file again 2 or 3 times, I finally can.
    Otherwise, if I wait for a few hours I can delete the file. Nobody
    else has the files open.

    Environment:
    Acer TravelMate C100 Tablet PC
    - have latest WinXP service packs
    - have latest BIOS
    Novell Netware 5.x server
    Novell Client 4.83 SP1.

    Other info:
    - can be any file in any folder.
    - happends on all 3 Netware file servers
    - error happens if attempt to delete file from Windows Explorer or via
    "My Computer" icon.
    - error happens whether drive is mapped or go directly via the network
    browser
    -

    Evan Delay, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Evan Delay

    John Guest

    You'd probably be best off finding a novell network group to post in.
    Might be a couple suggestions here, but your issue isn't
    tablet-oriented, and you may not get any good suggestions in here.

    John

    John, Jul 9, 2003