Cannot get standby mode to work on D845EBG2 board

Discussion in 'Intel' started by Gregg, Aug 30, 2003.

  1. Gregg

    Gregg Guest

    Hello!

    I am trying to get ACPI S3 Suspend to Ram to work on a 2.0GHz P4 and
    D845EBG2 motherboard. I have five other machines on which it works
    perfectly: two PIII Intel D815EEA boards, two PIII Intel D815EEA2 boards,
    and one old Gigabyte board with a Celeron 333 on it. All computers are
    hooked to a Netgear FVS318 firewall/router with a built-in 8-port 10/100
    switch.

    The D815EEA and D815EEA2 boards all work fine, but the D845EBG2 board will
    not stay in standby. It will go into standby, but comes out almost
    immediately. If I disconnect the network cable, or turn off the router, or
    disable the Local Area Connection in the OS, it will go into standby and
    stay there until I hit a key or move the mouse. All the Intel boards have
    the same NIC listed and set to wake the system from standby (an Intel
    Pro/100 VE Network Connection NIC).

    I have changed ports on the router, made sure nothing is forwarded from the
    router to this machine's IP address, changed the IP address, and probably a
    few other things I cannot even remember. I need to have this thing in
    standby and wake up from the NIC when I access it remotely.

    Any ideas?

    OS is XP Professional
    512MB DDR RAM
    Pentium 4 2.0GHz