"Cannot initialise MediaDet's COM object "error message

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by BrianB, Nov 3, 2003.

  1. BrianB

    BrianB Guest

    The error seems to prevent my system recognising
    the fact that I have an audio CD in my CD drive and/or
    playing it.

    Any ideas please.

    Original message appended.

    Brian

    I am using Creative Play Centre 2 V1.01.71.0 software
    with my SB Live board on an ME system.

    Recently I have been getting an error message
    "Cannot initialise MediaDet's COM object" whenever
    I call Play Centre. This does not appear to prevent
    the playing of MP3 files from my HD so does it do
    something else?

    Any ideas as to the problem appreciated.

    TIA

    Brian

    BrianB, Nov 3, 2003