cannot play DVD movies with WMP 10 and Radeon 9500 Pro

Discussion in 'ATI' started by Bill Jones, Dec 19, 2004.

  1. Bill Jones

    Bill Jones Guest

    Not sure if this is video card related or not. I'm using the DVD decoder
    supplied by ATI with the video card. I downloaded the latest DVD decoder
    from the ATI website, and am using Catalyst 4.4 drivers. No matter what DVD
    I try, none of them will play using Windows Media Player 10. I have Windows
    XP Home (Service Pack 2) and all the critical updates.

    I get an error message that says: "Windows Media Player has encountered a
    problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." when I try
    to play DVDs using WMP 10, and when the OK button is clicked WMP closes
    down.

    I can play DVDs using the ATI DVD Player version 7.8, so that is an
    alternative.

    I can't find anything in the MS knowledge base about this problem. Other
    than this problem, Windows XP and the ATI 9500 Pro have been working fine
    for a couple of years now.

    Any ideas?

    -Bill J.

    Bill Jones, Dec 19, 2004

  2. Bill Jones

    bobbo Guest

    here not using dvd from ati: see the results.
    ati's player are made for those using ati cards or not ?

    bobbo, Dec 19, 2004

  3. Bill Jones

    Shawk Guest

    Dont know the answer Bill - sorry - but I'd suggest you also try
    microsoft.public.multimedia.windows.mediaplayer The folk in there are
    very knowleadgeable about this sort of stuff. Shaun

    Shawk, Dec 19, 2004