Cannot Use ChkDsk from CD because lost Administrator password

Discussion in 'Technical Support' started by richybaby, Jun 22, 2010.

  1. richybaby

    richybaby

    Joined:
    Jun 22, 2010
    I have a PC showing hard disk errors. I try to run scandisk on startup and it consistently shows that it still has errors.

    System is Windows XP Professional on a Celeron 3.2Ghz system. I just made 512MB RAM into 2GB and thought it would be a huge performance increase, but its not. I am hoping that running the scandisk from the rescue part of CD will sort things out.

    When I start from the WinXP Pro CD I am asked for the Administrator's password, which I don't know anymore.

    What can I do to check this disk without having to reset this password? And if I have to, what do I do?

    best wishes

    richybaby, Jun 22, 2010