    RAR Guest

    HP TC1100 tablet PC

    Using a Sprint PCS Wirless connection card to connect to the Internet, and then using Cisco VPN client to connect to our network. When connecting to home directory on the server, I can only see one folder with all it's sub-folders and files. When docked on the it's docking station and physically connected to the network, I can see all files. Any ideas?

    RAR, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Is this a change? I.E. were you once *able* to see everything via the
    VPN connection? Or is this the first time you've VPN'd with it?

    There are ways to lock down what VPN users can get to. But if this is
    something that used to work before, and no longer does, then there's
    some troubleshooting to go through.

    Just a couple questions in addition to the above one, then based on
    replies we'll know where to start you looking. :)

    Are you connecting to the server's share via a RUN command, or mapping
    a drive, or just browsing with the network places?

    Is your machine part of a domain, or standalone (workgroup) mode and
    you're using passthrough authentication? (i.e. you just have a
    computer with the same username / password as exists on the server,
    but you're not logging into the domain).

    Any other info you want to add feel free to - the more info, the
    better our chances of working it out with you. :)

    John

    JDTHREE [MVP], Feb 4, 2004

  3. RAR

    RAR Guest

    Thanks! I figured it out; simple of course. To answer your questions, there are no access lists on the VPN concentrator for this group. The machine is a member of our domain and the drive was mapped through "Map Network Drive"

    In "My Computer" select the mapped drive, under the folder option properties there is a tab called "Offline Files". Someone enabled it by mistake. You can actually choose to make some or all of your folders available offline on that share. I disabled it

    Thanks...

    RAR, Feb 5, 2004