    function no longer works. The only way to adjust the brightness is to go
    to the preferences pane and use the slider there.

    How do I get this functionality back?

    David Turley, Oct 8, 2003

  2. David Turley

    David Turley Guest

    Well, a cold reboot seems to have solved it. Something hosed from coming
    out of sleep perhaps? Occassionally I lose sound when coming out of
    sleep, and have to reboot to get it back. (Somethign I'd never admit to
    my windows friends. :)

    David Turley, Oct 8, 2003

  3. David Turley

    Simon Slavin Guest

    Both of the things that have stopped working suggest that the
    light sensors inside your PowerBook are no longer working.
    You cannot, for example, adjust the keyboard brightness in a
    bright room, only when it's dark enough for the keyboard
    lighting to be effective.

    I suspect that somehow your software or settings has become
    corrupt. Try booting from the DVD and see if you still have
    this problem. I have updated by 15" AlBook to 10.2.8 and the
    keyboard brightness thing still works fine.

    Simon Slavin, Oct 10, 2003