Can't boot GS12 into BIOS

Discussion in 'Tyan' started by scottxyz, Aug 16, 2005.

  1. scottxyz

    scottxyz Guest

    Hi All -

    I can't get my barebones Tyan GS12 to boot into BIOS.

    This system has Phoenix 1.05 BIOS. I connected a monitor, PS/2 keyboard
    (via USB-to-PS/2 adapter) and USB mouse and turned the machine on...
    The GS12 LCD display says:

    PhoenixBIOS 1.05
    H/W Initialize

    and then after about 30 seconds the GS12 shuts off. Nothing shows up on
    the monitor. I hit F2 a few times but still nothing happens. Monitor is
    appears to be correctly connected - because it does "blink" briefly
    when I push the yellow ON button on the GS12.

    Installed hardware:

    - CPU: Intel P4 "Northwood" 2.8GHz, 512K L2, 533MHz FSB
    - RAM: 2 x OCZ 1024MB, DDR400, PC3200, ECC Reg, 400MHZ
    - HDs: 2 x Western Digital SATA 250GB 8MB Cache

    Does anyone has any ideas how to get into the BIOS on this Tyan GS12?

    Thanks,
    Scott

    scottxyz, Aug 16, 2005