Can't boot win10 from M.2 NVMe without HDD plugged in.

Discussion in 'Asus' started by IDontKnow, Nov 25, 2022.

  1. IDontKnow

    IDontKnow

    Joined:
    Nov 25, 2022
    Hello,
    I normally installed 2 win10 OSs from bootable USB key to the disk 2 and 4 (C:,G:)
    [​IMG]

    THE ISSUE: Both of the systems will boot only when the disk 0 HDD is plugged in. If I unplug it then they won't boot. (On my ASUS Z690 MB in BIOS only the first disk 0 (HDD) is shown in bootable devices - it was my main disk with win10 installed prior to adding ssds).

    All of my other disks are M.2 NVMe SSDS and BIOS doesn't see any of them in NVMe devices nor bootable devices (tried enabling/disabling CMS and Secure boot but didn't help) .

    As you can see the partition manager says that:
    disk 2 (win10 C: ) is boot,crash dump,basic data partition + there are 2 recovery partitions.
    Why does it say on disk 4 (win10 G: ) that it's only basic data partition and there is not any recovery partition created?

    I just don't get why the win10 installation is so *** that it won't ask you anything about where should be the boot/recovery partitions created and does everything randomly....

    So please help what should I do so that both win10 OSs on the disk 2 and disk 4 would be independently bootable?

    many thanks

    IDontKnow, Nov 25, 2022