    something in Services that would affect this? The System Restore Properties
    indicate that both hard drives are being monitored. Any ideas?
    Monica

    Monica, Jul 18, 2005

  2. "Monica" <> wrote in message
    news:MKKCe.78642$Fv.17329@lakeread01...
    | Yes it's enabled (from day one). My Dimension 8400 is 2 months old.
    I've
    | tried no less than 6 times to restore my computer with restore points
    | ranging from a week earlier to the previous day. Each time it reports
    | incomplete...no changes were made. Hummmm, could I have disabled
    | something in Services that would affect this? The System Restore
    Properties
    | indicate that both hard drives are being monitored. Any ideas?
    | Monica

    There are some troubleshooting steps you might want to look at @
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/newsgroups/faqsrwxp.mspx

    Usually however this happens when one or more of your restore points has
    become corrupt. Unfortunately the only solution is to disable System Restore
    reboot and reenable it. That will get System Restore working again but you
    will lose all your current restore points. (not a big loss, they don't work
    anyway) The problem is not uncommon with System Restore.

    --
    Doug

    I'm not an MVP a VIP nor do I have ESP.
    I was just trying to help.
    advice herein.
    No warranty is expressed or implied.
    Your mileage may vary.
    See store for details. :)

    Remove shoes to E-mail.

    HillBillyBuddhist, Jul 18, 2005

  3. Monica

    Monica Guest

    Drats! I hate it when things don't work like they're supposed to.
    Thanks Doug,
    Monica

    Monica, Jul 18, 2005
  4. >ranging from a week earlier to the previous day. Each time it reports
    >incomplete...no changes were made. Hummmm, could I have disabled

    One thing you may want to try is a full disk-read error test (under
    diagnostics). If the OS gets a read error when trying to read an
    important file, the restore will fail.

    (I just had this happen. For the life of me I couldn't understand why
    my hive files were corrupt. Turns out it was a HW failure.)

    -Joel

    Dr. Joel M. Hoffman, Jul 18, 2005
  5. Monica

    Fixer Guest

    Also check for trojans as some do disable system restore

    Fixer, Jul 18, 2005