Can't eject iPod Nano

Discussion in 'Apple' started by hrh1818, Dec 12, 2007.

  1. hrh1818

    hrh1818 Guest

    When I go to eject my iPod Nano I get the message "The iPod is in use
    and could not be ejected". However I am not using the IPod.
    Furthermore when this happens the iPod displays a picture of a
    connector, the message "Connected, Eject before disconnecting" and I
    can not get a menu by clicking on "Menu". Changing the position of the
    "Hold" switch does not help. The only thing that changes anything is a
    hard reset which will momentarily turn the iPod off. However, in
    about 15 to 20 seconds the message "Connected Eject before
    disconnecting is displayed again, If I disconnect the Ipod without
    ejecting the iPod works normally. However, disconnecting the iPod
    without ejecting the iPod leaves the ipod icon on the iMac display. I
    even tried ejecting the ipod with no iPod connected and I still get
    the message "The iPod is in use and could not be ejected. Then to top
    it off after all my attempts I now have three iPod icons on my iMac
    display.

    What should I do to fix this can't eject iPod Nano problem?

    Howard

    hrh1818, Dec 12, 2007

  2. hrh1818

    wightstraker Guest

    Have you tried quitting iTunes before ejecting your iPod? Also, is it
    enabled for disk use?

    wightstraker, Dec 12, 2007

  3. hrh1818

    hrh1818 Guest

    Thank You for your reply. I fiddle some more this morning and found
    to eject you have to double click on the eject icon in iTunes. What
    got me into trouble was right clicking on the iPod icon on the iMac
    display and then selecting the eject option from the displayed menu.
    Yesterday I never thought of the possibility you couldn't use either
    method to eject an iPod.

    And yes yesterday I wasn't quitting iTunes before ejecting. The iPod
    was not enabled for disk use.

    Now I need to figured out how to keep from registering my iPod every
    time I plug it in.

    Howard

    hrh1818, Dec 12, 2007