    DVDInfo, Alcohol 120% and off course ProShow Gold, but the disc is
    unrecognisable in all of the applications.

    Does anybody have any suggestions?

    Steve, Sep 15, 2004

  2. Steve

    Dave Chapman Guest

    theres a good erase option in dvd lab

    Dave Chapman, Sep 15, 2004

  3. Steve

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    Check if there's a firmware update for the burner.
    Try other dvd-rw brands and see if the problem repeats.

    smh, Sep 15, 2004
  4. Steve

    Mike Richter Guest

    It sounds as though the TOC is fouled. If it does not stabilize in the
    drive, it cannot be read so the software does not even know whether it's
    an erasable disc. In that case, I'm afraid there's no recovery. If it is
    not stabilizing quickly, give it some minutes; maybe it will settle down
    to be erased.

    Otherwise, I'm afraid it's trashed.

    Mike

    Mike Richter, Sep 15, 2004
  5. Steve

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    Mike Richter (Roxio Shit) splattered:
    No ranting about the inherently fragile, flaky, forgetful, unreliable
    rewritable media?

    From: smh
    Subject: Re: DVD-RW disks not recognized.
    Date: 7/17/04

    Mike Richter (Friggin Scum) screeched:
    Thus, DVD-+RW is unreliable, I presume?

    Anyhow, what results are those? What's the source? Did you just
    dig that out of your ass?

    Is CD-RW unreliable, Mikey?

    Once upon a time the supposedly *inherently* flaky, fragile,
    forgetful, unreliable CD-RW media was good enough for BACKUP,
    of all things, even when combined with the supposedly *inherently*
    flaky, fragile, faulty, unreliable packet "format" -- according to
    none other than Mike Richter:

    =====================
    From: Mike Richter (Acraptec Shill)
    Subject: A note on Take Two
    Date: 9/1/99

    You may back up ...to a DCD-formatted erasable.
    =====================
    Why is that Mikey? Have you established that DVD-+RW are
    unreliable? All you presented -- without substantiation,
    only on your say so -- is that DVD-+RW are no more reliable
    than CD-RW.

    If DVD-+RW are indeed unreliable --as you slimily intimate here--
    why don't you dig it out of your ass and explicitly say so?

    smh, Sep 15, 2004
  6. Steve

    Doug Ramage Guest

    I was having a similar problem with a dvd+rw disc this morning - not being
    recognised by any software (Nero 6, DVDInfo etc) - so I could not erase it.

    However, I put in my old burner (NEC 2500A) on my back up machine and Nero 6
    erased it fine. I put it back in my NEC 3500A and did a data burn which
    *appears* fine.

    So it may be worth trying it in another burner.

    Doug Ramage, Sep 15, 2004
  7. Steve

    gunner Guest

    Please, someone make sure smh is taking his meds.

    gunner, Sep 15, 2004
  8. Steve

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=
    (Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

    ( No Pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a LIBEL )
    ( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

    gunner (Pipsqueak) squealed:
    Stop that squealing, sicko!

    Did you get ecstatic seeing these Mikey's spew, sicko?

    Mike Richter's "masterpiece" on Enhanced CD (i)

    Mike Richter (Roxio Shit) splattered (8/16/04):
    Wow! What a Friggin Shit!

    ======================
    From: Mike Richter (Enhanced Motormouth)
    Date: 8/28/01

    There is no Enhanced CD Mode
    - so, no, people have not used it.
    ======================

    smh, Sep 15, 2004
  9. Steve

    willah Guest

    Don't be an ass, or if you can't help it, go to alt.flame.

    willah, Sep 16, 2004
  10. Steve

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=
    (Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

    ( No Pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a LIBEL )
    ( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

    gunner (Pipsqueak) squealed:
    Stop that squealing, sicko!

    Did you get ecstatic seeing these Mikey's spew, sicko?

    Mike Richter's "masterpiece" on CD-R FAQ (i)

    "CD-R FAQ has Significant Errors"

    =====================
    From: Mike Richter (Lying Scum)
    Date: 5/24/02

    I've posted privately to Andy on the FAQ section.

    It is quite dated ... and has significant errors
    =====================

    smh, Sep 16, 2004
  11. Steve

    Robin Banks Guest

    Do yourself a favor now and set a killfilter for "smh", globally. You'll
    thank me later. He's a complete nutcase.

    ~~R.Banks

    Robin Banks, Sep 16, 2004
  12. Steve

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=

    ( No Pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a LIBEL )
    ( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

    gunner (Pipsqueak) squealed:
    Stop that squealing, sicko!

    Did you get ecstatic seeing these Mikey's spew, sicko?

    Mike Richter's "masterpiece" on Mixed Mode (iii)

    =====================
    From: Mike Richter (Friggin Scum)
    Date: 5/12/01

    Mixed Mode is multisession by definition. <=== MULTI

    =====================
    From: Mike Richter (Slimy Shit)
    Date: 5/17/01

    I learned from previous discussion here that
    I was in error <=== SINGLE
    =====================

    ======================
    From: Mike Richter (Roxio Shit)
    Date: 8/16/04

    Tracks of the audio session can be addressed
    from the data session of a Mixed Mode disc <=== MULTI !!
    ======================

    smh, Sep 16, 2004
  13. Steve

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    gunner (Pipsqueak) squealed:
    Stop that squealing, sicko!

    Did you get ecstatic seeing these Mikey's spew, sicko?

    Mike Richter's "masterpiece" on CD Extra (i)

    Mike Richter (Friggin Scum) spewed (3/20/04):
    No Friggin Shit, Mikey!

    Whatever happened to the specification?

    ======================
    From: Mike Richter (Roxio Shit)
    Date: 9/16/01

    There is a specification for CD Extra which defines it
    as a single session containing audio tracks followed
    by a data *track*.
    ======================

    And whatever happened to the definition?

    ======================
    From: Mike Richter (Friggin Scum)
    Date: 12/26/01

    CD Extra is a defined format for a single session
    with audio tracks followed by a data track
    ======================

    smh, Sep 16, 2004
  14. Steve

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    gunner (Pipsqueak) squealed:
    Stop that squealing, sicko!

    Did you get ecstatic seeing these Mikey's spew, sicko?

    Mike Richter's "masterpiece" on CD-R FAQ (ii)

    "CD-R FAQ makes a Common Mistake"

    From: smh
    Subject: Re: CD-Extra Help
    Date: 5/30/03

    Mikey sure knows a lot about Enhanced CD and CD Extra.
    Why Mikey even points out a mistake in the CD-R Faq:

    ======================
    From: Mike Richter
    Subject: Easy CD Creator makes CD-Extra disc
    with no track titles

    It happens that the FAQ makes a common mistake in that section,
    confusing "Enhanced CD" with its predecessor, "CD Extra"
    ======================

    CD-R FAQ's supposed MISTAKE is taking CD Extra and Enhanced CD
    synonymously when they are different in Mikey's cockamamie
    definitions:

    "CD Extra uses a single session"
    "If there are two sessions, it is an 'Enhanced CD'"

    smh, Sep 16, 2004
  15. Steve

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    Robin Banks (Pipsqueak) squealed:
    Instead of squealing like a stuck pig, why don't you prove ANY of the
    following is a libel?

    Don't understand why you pipsqeaks are unable to do so -- when Mikey has
    proof of misquotes ???!!!

    All you need to do is a simple matter of quoting --copy & paste-- an
    example from the Mikey's proof of misquotes. It's that simple. It's
    that easy.

    Who Is Mike Richter and
    Why Are They Saying All These Horrible Things About Him?

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (wife beating)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (critical bugs)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (major bug)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda limit)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (nda)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (no secret)(ii)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (dae)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (no enhanced cd)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (enhanced-cd/cdr-faq)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/cd-text)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/sao/tao)(i)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (cd-extra/single-session)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(i)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/winme)(ii)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(i)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(ii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/win2k)(iv)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (aspi/plextor)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(i)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(ii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(iv)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(v)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vi)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(vii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(8a)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/eject)(9a)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (iv)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (v)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vi)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (vii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (viii)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (ix)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (x)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xi)
    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (xii)

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (supplied cd)

    What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (i)
    What's wrong with Mike Richter (Tim Kroesen) (ii)

    Mike Richter Wow! Wow! Wow!

    Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (i)
    Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (ii)
    Mike Richter's Exquisite Sense of Time (iii)

    Mike Richter & "Looooooooonng" Time for Nothing

    smh, Sep 17, 2004
  16. Steve

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    Robin Banks (Pipsqueak) squealed:
    Know anything about UDF and packet writing, Pipsqueak?

    Mike Richter is a LIAR (directcd/sparing) (i)

    [Why does DirectCD use SPARING technique? Why the bother, Mikey?]

    From: smh
    Date: 2/7/02

    Mike Richter (Roxio Shit) splattered:
    If that's the case, how could cRoxio claim this?
    Is Roxio lying?

    DirectCD for Windows Technical FAQs:

    "In practical terms, you will probably
    never wear out a CD-RW disc."

    Mikey, should you not have cRoxio rewrite the above?

    How about these, Pipsqueak?

    Does packet written CD-R have a directory?
    If so, does the directory get "scrubbed"?

    Still no comprehende, Pipsqueak?
    Too thick to realize you've been had, Pipsqueak?

    smh, Sep 17, 2004
  17. Steve

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?
    --------------------------------------

    Robin Banks (Pipsqueak) squealed:
    Know anything about packet writing, Pipsqueak?

    From: Mike Richter (Roxio Shit)
    Subject: Re: UDF, Packet Writing, and Backups
    Date: 4/30/01
    Unfortunately, it's unavoidable.

    The problem is that the information cannot be written back
    every time or the directory area would be worn out very quickly.

    Each change to the directory would necessitate rewriting some
    material - even if only a pointer to where the changes were located.
    Scrubbing that region would exceed the (nominal) 1000 rewrites very
    quickly.

    ====================
    If that's the case, why does DirectCD even bother to use SPARING
    technique, Mikey?

    And if that's the case, how could cRoxio claim this?
    Is cRoxio lying?

    smh, Sep 19, 2004
  19. Steve

    Mike P Guest

    That's the trouble with reformatiing, idiots like smh get out of the
    killfile... plonk

    Mike P, Sep 19, 2004
  20. Steve

    smh Guest

    Mike Richter, were you born with
    "Scam Artist" emblazoned on your face?

    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=
    http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=
    (Messages 10, 12 -- 34, 54 -- 69)

    ( No Pipsqueaks have been able to prove ANY of the above is a LIBEL )
    ( -- despite Mikey claimed to have proof of misquotes !! )

    Mike P (Pipsqueak) squeaked:
    The only plonk you know is the sound you hear when a pile of coasters
    pops out of your ass.

    smh, Sep 19, 2004