    What I want to do is, to read a CD in the CDROM and write a copy of it to
    the burner, without an image.

    TIA Alex

    Alexandros Gougousoudis, Sep 5, 2003

  2. You need to kill "vold" since it is hanging on to the CDROM.
    When vold is dead cdrecord -scanbus works.

    $ cd /etc
    $ more vold.conf
    # ident "@(#)vold.conf 1.26 00/07/17 SMI"
    #
    # Volume Daemon Configuration file
    #

    # Database to use (must be first)
    db db_mem.so

    # Labels supported
    label cdrom label_cdrom.so cdrom
    label dos label_dos.so floppy rmdisk
    label sun label_sun.so floppy rmdisk

    # Devices to use
    use cdrom drive /dev/rdsk/c*s2 dev_cdrom.so cdrom%d
    use floppy drive /dev/rdiskette[0-9] dev_floppy.so floppy%d
    use rmdisk drive /dev/rdsk/c*s2 dev_rmdisk.so rmdisk%d

    Lars Tunkrans, Sep 5, 2003