    All replies much appreciated.

    Michael Grigoni
    Cybertheque Museum

    Michael Grigoni, Aug 17, 2003

  2. Kim And John Holtz, Aug 17, 2003

  3. Thanks for your reply...

    Unfortunately, this is Windows 95 driver support; we need NT 3.51
    Although Microsoft provides basic HAL functionality for the XL line
    of machines in its distributions, the Compaq provided HAL is still needed
    to resolve driver issues and provide instrumentation.

    We're still looking and still appreciate any help from readers...

    Michael Grigoni
    Cybertheque Museum

    Michael Grigoni, Aug 17, 2003
  4. Thank goodness for Google's page caches; a cache page from a
    defunct site included the text from a MS technote which
    described SP10793 as the NT3.51 Compaq SSD 1.17 and a cache
    page for a link at Compaq (now long gone) referenced SP1322
    as the Display Driver support including Qvision 2000 for NT3.51.

    For the archives...
    At the time for writing these SP's are at:

    ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp1001-1500/sp1322.exe
    ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/softpaq/sp10501-12000/sp10793.exe

    Michael Grigoni
    Cybertheque Museum

    Michael Grigoni, Aug 18, 2003
  5. ^1 here?
    Easiest way lookg for drivers is getting the allfiles.txt from ftp
    and browse offline.
    I have some older Smartstart CDs at home, if you need more files of this
    kind?
    Running several XLs myself, but none with any flavour NT.
    NT3.5 on a Systempro and NT3.51 on a Prosignia 486 instead.
    I am looking for win 3.1 sound drivers for the XL instead?
    Ever came across something like that?

    Gereon Wenzel
    www.eisapc.de

    Gereon Wenzel, Aug 20, 2003