    uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for the pen cuz I'm not sure which
    drivers in the device manager to uninstall. Can someone please point me in
    the right direction?

    Susan, Apr 21, 2007

  2. I've got a CX2724 and I can attest to the fact that the digitizer is
    horrible. Mine hasn't worked right since day one but I haven't gotten a
    "break" long enough to send it back to them. It'll be out of warranty in
    August so I guess I'd better hurry...

    But anyway, mine got so bad that if I closed the lid while the pen was in
    the tablet, it would start "clicking" all over the screen furiously. Really
    bad because it winds up doing things like hitting delete buttons and then
    clicking yes on the confirmation dialogs. I disabled the digitizer in device
    manager and the problem went away. It's a shame cause it's a really nice
    machine otherwise. I'll probably buy another Gateway but only if it has a
    Wacom digitizer.

    I think you're gonna have to send it in.

    Josh Einstein, Apr 21, 2007

  3. Doesn't the Finepoint pen have a battery that needs replacing?

    James Kendrick, Apr 22, 2007
  4. Actually the Finepoint pen is a recurring issue with the Gateway tablets and
    Gateway knows it. Just contact them and they'll send you a replacement,
    provided you're still under warranty. They did that for me and I've had no
    problems since.

    C.

    Carmen Gauvin-O'Donnell, Apr 23, 2007
  5. Not this model.

    Josh Einstein, Apr 24, 2007
  6. They've sent me two and I still have the problem. I'm pretty sure it's the
    digitizer cause even when it was working it wasn't working well and there
    was a strip across the bottom of the screen that wouldn't recognize right
    clicks. Seems like that would be a digitizer issue since other areas of the
    screen were able to right click ok.

    But Susan's may be the pen. It might be worthwhile just to send the whole
    unit in while it's under warranty so that they can make sure it works right.

    Josh Einstein, Apr 24, 2007
  7. Susan

    Kevin T Guest

    All,
    There is DEFINITELY A PEN IN THE CX2620 stylii. I just replaced mine with a AAAA battery. The old one (which is a AAAA size, you can find these inside 9-volt batteries) had acid buildup on its positive end and that is why the pen went inactive. There is a lot of debate over this pen problem and I guarantee 90% of the time it's related to the battery. I can do a clean replace on anybody's CX2620 pen/stylii with a fresh battery for $10. If interested email me at . You pay for shipping, your total about $17 or so. I have never done this before but I just replaced mine flawlessly so I can do others. I know there are a lot of dead stylii out there and people don't know what to do, took me a while to figure it out.

    Thanks,
    Kevin Teman

    James Kendrick wrote:

    Doesn't the Finepoint pen have a battery that needs replacing?
    22-Apr-07

    Doesn't the Finepoint pen have a battery that needs replacing

    On 4/21/07 5:38 PM, in articl
    , "Josh Einstein"

    Cant get Finepoint pen to work
    I have a CX200x from Gateway. The pen recently stopped working and since MS
    or Gateway would not help me I had to to a complete system recovery loosing
    everything. But even after I did the SR the pen still wont work. I hardly
    used the pen in the past. Does this pen have a battery? I have not tried

    --
    Josh Einstein (Tablet PC MVP
    Einstein Technologie

    Doesn't the Finepoint pen have a battery that needs replacing?
    Doesn't the Finepoint pen have a battery that needs replacing

    On 4/21/07 5:38 PM, in articl
    , "Josh Einstein"

    Actually the Finepoint pen is a recurring issue with the Gateway tablets and
    Actually the Finepoint pen is a recurring issue with the Gateway tablets and
    Gateway knows it. Just contact them and they'll send you a replacement,
    provided you're still under warranty. They did that for me and I've had no
    problems since

    Not this model.
    Not this model

    -
    Josh Einstein (Tablet PC MVP
    Einstein Technologie
    Tablet Enhancements for Outlook - Try it free: www.tabletoutlook.com

    They've sent me two and I still have the problem.
    They've sent me two and I still have the problem. I'm pretty sure it's the
    digitizer cause even when it was working it wasn't working well and there
    was a strip across the bottom of the screen that wouldn't recognize right
    clicks. Seems like that would be a digitizer issue since other areas of the
    screen were able to right click ok.

    But Susan's may be the pen. It might be worthwhile just to send the whole
    unit in while it's under warranty so that they can make sure it works right.

    --
    Josh Einstein (Tablet PC MVP)
    Einstein Technologies
    Tablet Enhancements for Outlook - Try it free: www.tabletoutlook.com

    ASP Calendar With Highlighted Dates From DB
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...3-7852301c465e/asp-calendar-with-highlig.aspx

    Kevin T, Nov 9, 2009
  8. Susan

    undisclosed Guest

    ^^^ kevintemanAThotmailDOTcom

    undisclosed, Nov 9, 2009
  9. Susan

    Kevin T Guest

    Guys I've been working on this a little bit,

    I've replaced a few pen batteries so far, and I intend to get everyone up and running again with their Tablets. I've created a website for my replacement service. I have typically done battery replacements because 90% of the time it seems that is the problem. But, I've also applied other fixes.

    Please email me if you're having issues with your Tablet PC stylus/pen:

    kevinteman AT hotmail DOT com

    Or see my website at: kevinteman.com/stylusrepair

    I may be able to get you running.
    Thanks for your time,

    Kevin Teman
    kevinteman.com/stylusrepair

    undisclosed wrote:

    ^^^ kevintemanAThotmailDOTcom--kteman
    09-Nov-09

[...]

    Pen battery
[...]

    BizTalk Configure and Send SMTP Mail Based on Message Within an Orchestration
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...1-a2f309a021c2/biztalk-configure-and-sen.aspx

    Kevin T, Mar 19, 2010
  10. Susan

    Kevin Teman Guest

    undisclosed wrote:

[...]

    Tablet PC Pen
    Guys I've been working on this a little bit,

    I've replaced a few pen batteries so far, and I intend to get everyone up and running again with their Tablets. I've created a website for my replacement service. I have typically done battery replacements because 90% of the time it seems that is the problem. But, I've also applied other fixes.

    Please email me if you're having issues with your Tablet PC stylus/pen:

    kevinteman AT hotmail DOT com

    Or see my website at: kevinteman.com/stylusrepair

    I may be able to get you running.
    Thanks for your time,

    Kevin Teman
    kevinteman.com/stylusrepair

    Join Lists with LINQ - SharePoint 2010
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...6e-7d3fb7d38eca/join-lists-with-linq--sh.aspx

    Kevin Teman, Mar 19, 2010
  11. Susan

    Kevin Teman Guest

    undisclosed wrote:

[...]

    WPF Circular Progress Indicator
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...a-cc047643fd42/wpf-circular-progress-ind.aspx

    Kevin Teman, Mar 19, 2010
  12. Susan

    Kevin Teman Guest

    Susa wrote:

    Cant get Finepoint pen to work
    21-Apr-07

[...]

    On 4/21/07 5:38 PM, in article
    , "Josh Einstein"

[...]

    Featured Product / Service Review: TekPub
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...2e-39384482c80e/featured-product--servic.aspx

    Kevin Teman, Mar 19, 2010
  13. Susan

    Kevin Teman Guest

    Sorry about the multiple messages, apparently there's no way to remove them, and they don't show up for a few minutes after you post them.

    Kevin Teman wrote:

    Tablet PC Pen
    18-Mar-10

    Guys I've been working on this a little bit,

    I've replaced a few pen batteries so far, and I intend to get everyone up and running again with their Tablets. I've created a website for my replacement service. I have typically done battery replacements because 90% of the time it seems that is the problem. But, I've also applied other fixes.

    Please email me if you're having issues with your Tablet PC stylus/pen:

    kevinteman AT hotmail DOT com

    Or see my website at: kevinteman.com/stylusrepair

    I may be able to get you running.
    Thanks for your time,

    Kevin Teman
    kevinteman.com/stylusrepair

    WPF TreeView Control With Filtering of Nodes Based on Their Levels
    http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...a-bf26b9783a9b/wpf-treeview-control-with.aspx

    Kevin Teman, Mar 19, 2010
  14. The ms forum posts all go through a massive spam scrubber that can delay
    postings for some time, sometimes over an hour depending of the load and
    possibly the nuts at the wheel.

    Beverly Howard

    Beverly Howard, Mar 19, 2010