    I've tried all adjustments that I can think of, and would appreciate any
    help anyone could offer.

    Ed

    BigBlueMan, Mar 2, 2005

  2. BigBlueMan

    DaveL Guest

    I think 1600x1200 is the native resolution for your notebook. Look in the
    advanced video driver settings for a way to stretch or "scale" the screen .
    My Dell Latitude has that option in settings, advanced, options, panel.
    Some laptops have a setting in the bios to stretch the screen too. If none
    of this works I would suggest you try a different driver.

    DaveL

    DaveL, Mar 2, 2005

  3. BigBlueMan

    M Guest

    Have you tried adjusting the refresh rate? can make a bit difference to the
    geometry of the screen.

    M, Mar 4, 2005
  4. BigBlueMan

    BigBlueMan Guest

    Actually, what I discovered was that I couldn't use the driver from Nvidia's
    website, but had to use the one I downloaded from Dell. I didn't think
    about that up front, but when I got it (it was about six months older than
    the one on Nvidia), everything straightened right up.

    Thanks for the idea tho!

    BigBlueMan, Mar 8, 2005