Can't get past Square 1 crash on HP 7130 printer install

Discussion in 'HP' started by David Whitney, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. All:

    I have been attempting to install the drivers for a new OfficeJet 7130
    printer on a Windows2000 SP4 box, and can't get past the first step -
    cleanup of existing drivers.

    As the cleanup executable (hposcr01.exe) runs through the existing
    drivers, it gets to the *last* USB device on the system, and then
    *crashes* with the venerable "HPOSCR01.EXE has encountered an error
    and will terminate. You must restart this application." I've
    uninstalled some applications that have USB support, rebooted, made
    sure antivirus was disabled, shut down other programs, downloaded
    newer version of the software, nada.

    Mind you, the printer is not yet physically connected to the computer
    yet - I'm just trying to install the SW first....

    I've found zero on this on HP's website, or in any other newsgroup
    postings. I found an article which talks about a modified cleanup and
    install routine, but for different installation error messages. Its so
    silly - this is "square one" on the install; a setup that should have
    taken 10 minutes is now going on a couple of days...right now the
    thing is a really jazzy looking paperweight.

    Thanks in advance,
    David

    David Whitney, Dec 11, 2003

  2. David Whitney

    Quaoar Guest

    Try here:
    http://www.coribright.com/Windows/

    Quaoar, Dec 12, 2003

  3. David Whitney

    lynnoire Guest

    David. . success !
    I've managed to get past this by exploring the cd and using the
    launcher - not the setup.exe file.

    Completely bypassed the uninstall check.

    L. ;o)

    lynnoire, Dec 15, 2003